Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Voyage to Tokyo

Tom dropped me off at Saskatoon airport with lot's of time to  spare,  so I had a quick overpriced supper at the spiffy and enlarged Saskatoon airport before catching my rather unremarkable flight to wet and windy Vancouver. After a night at the equally unremarkable and rather tired Airport Holiday Inn Express I awoke to an even more wet and windy Vancouver.

I got to the airport in lot's of time, and, after a speedy check-in at ANA (All Nippon Airways) was delighteeed to learn that my "Premium Economy" fare gave me access to the swanky Premium Plaza Lounge, where I was offered comjplimentary food and drink.  The premium economy fare was a promotion as ANA has just initiated a Vancouver to Tokyo flight on the Boing 787 Dreamliner to compete with JAL (Japan Airlines) and was offering very competitive fares.


Not a bad way to start an 11 hour flight. As I went to the gate the skies cleared, and as we took-off, right on time, had lovely views of Vancouver.


 The flight itself turned out to be one of the best I've had in recent years ... comfy, well spaced seats, with all sorts of little, and appreciated features - leg rest, large windows that darkenh or lighten by pushing a button, noise cancelling headphones connected to a great entertainment system.  You can stand up in the spacious (for a plane) washrooms, that can be made wheelchair accessible and have automatic bidets with heated seats.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home