Monday, May 07, 2007

Hanging out In Kathmandu


I'm hanging out in Kathmandu .... a chaotic, polluted, fascinating city, recovering from a bit of bronchitis (the pollution doesn't help) and trying to arrange my flights back to Britain and Canada. With any luck I'll be back in 'toon town the middle of July.

A few days ago I was having dinner with a few folks, some of whom I'd met trekking. Ron, a German guy who speaks English without an accent started chatting to the Japanese guy next to him in Japanese - apparently he'd learned Japanese during a year long stay in Japan with a Japanese family. The Japanese guy had been spending the last year in India learning Hindi, and the Polish gal next to him, also living in India was doing her masters in Sanskrit. Jan, and American, who sorta speaks English and I looked on in amazement. What a multilingual world I live in!

If all goes well I'm hoping to fly to Luckla in the mountains and do the trek into Everest Base Camp on Wednesday.

I'm also giving some thought to a canoe trip on the Churchill this August ... seven to ten days, not too strenuous, good friends and food. Interested?>?? drop me an email .... more details to follow.

1 Comments:

Blogger marilyn said...

andrew, love your blog and your travels, send me an e-mail mom20fan@hotmail

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home