Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Coming Down to Earth ....



I'm back from the mountains, after 22 days trekking - getting higher than I've ever been before. Totally amazing! I'm now in Pokhara - the marketplace for sure! And slowly coming down to earth

I'll post some more pictures soon - this one was taken from the top of the Thorung La Pass, 5416 meters, or 17, 700 ft.

And what did I learn? Lots - but it will take a while to intrgrate, however, I discovered the following, when visiting a mountain Gompa, that I'd like to share.

The Human Body, at peace with itself, is more precious than the rarest gem.

Cherish your body, it is yours this one time only.

The human form is won with difficulty. It is easy to lose.

All worldly things are brief, like lightning in the sky.

This life you must know as the tiny splash of a raindrop. A thing of beauty, that disappears, even as it comes into being.

Therefore set your goal.

Make use of every day to achieve it.

Attributed to Tsong-kha-pa, 15th century. Founder of the Gelug-pa order of Tibetan Buddhism

1 Comments:

Blogger INDIAJOURNEY said...

I love this post. Its truly beautiful.
Julie

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home