Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sunday Afternoon in Krabi



It's Sunday afternoon and I'm sitting in the lobby of my hotel .. the Ban Chaofa, in Krabi, on the south Andaman Coast in Thailand, sipping a Chang beer ...

I got here three days ago on the overnight train from Bangkok - 2nd class sleeper .... basic but fine, and a three hour bus ride. On Friday I went on a boat tour ... 4 Islands, snorkling and lunch .. lot's of fun! On the way back we ran into a squall ... big waves. We were riding in a longtail boat .... quite the trip. They have a motor mounted on high on the back with a long propeller shaft .. make a heck of a racket .. and go like hell.

I've just come back from a day in a swimmng pool .. I'm taking the PADI open water scuba course. Tomorrow it's off in another longtail to do my first two open oceon dives .. quite a rush. I'm really enjoying the course .. learning a lot ...

The country around here is quite spectacular .. lot's of limestone "karsts" both on the land and as islands .. absolutley stunning.

Hopefully I'll get my photos transferred from my camera and be able to put more pictures up.

Anyways .. gotta run .. I'm starving ... it's off to the pier for a bowl of noodles ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home