Monday, November 20, 2006

Back to Little Lhasa

Well I'm home again to Little Lhasa as McLeod Ganj is often called. It's good to be home, but I have the feeling that if i don't leave soon I never will ... so will probably move on in a week or so.

On the way home I stayed in Chamba one more night - and was tracked down by the Himachal Fire Dept. I was out for a stroll thinking of eating at some food stalls I had seen when I realized the route I was taking would leave me right past the fire station. I walked by, smiled, but thought no one saw/recognized me .. until about five minutes later when a guy ran up to me and told me the chief wanted to see me ... something about dinner and restaurant ... I went back and said hello .. but refused his kind offer

I then found a quiet little restaurant .. or so I thought, to eat .... at the other end of the restaurant some young boys 12 years old or so were celebrating a birthday when they saw me I was mobbed ... all wanted to shake my hand .. questions flew .. where was I from? what was my name? how much money did I make? where was my wife? - the usual sort of Indian questions! Fortuantly their parents dragged them off me and they left ... leaving me a big piece of Birthday cake ... quite sweet really.



When I went up into the town this morning there was a largish sit down demonstration by Tibetans protesting the visit of Chinese President Hu Jintao to India.



















Later there was a candlelight march thru the streets .... all very peaceful.

Well that's all for tonight ... night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home