Thursday, October 05, 2006

Settling in ...

I moved into my new apartment yesterday ... decided to splurge and took one of the sunny suites with a nice view of the mountains - took it for a month at 250 rupees a day ... ($6.25 CDN) including power and cooking gas. There's an older American Lady above me who is going with me to shop tomorrow for a few domestic things - she's been coming here for 17 years so can give me the low down. There's pics of the place here http://easthomeinfo.com/

I went to the movies yesterday ... saw the Constant Gardener. There quite a few movie places here ... rooms with up to 25 seats, that show DVD's (probably pirated!) projected onto a screen for about a $1.00 a shot.

I've made an appointment for Sunday for a Tibetan Massage and Health/Yoga assessment .. should be interesting!

My cell phone is now hooked up with an Indian # It's 9816838248 I think the country code for India is 91 India is a bit like Newfoundland, 30 mins out of step with the rest of us. I think the time difference is 12 1/2 hrs

So as you can see .. I'm settling in. The weather is great so far ... warm days up to 20/25 and cooler nights 15 or so. I've been warned that it get's pretty cold by December, so we will see how things go. Sure is a relief after sweatiung it out in Delhi.

So that's all for now, Heading up the hill now to set up an appointment with one of the Teachers at Tushita Meditation Centre and then maybe some lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home