Sunday, April 09, 2006

The adventure continues ...

Well Nha Trang was a blast .... Vietnam's Brighton ... but much nicer and cheaper.

I started out with an afternoon at the mud baths just north of Nha Trang ... such fun! You get to soak in a big tub of warm mud (fresh mud for each person), dry off, get sprayed by high pressure mineral water, then soak in the hot mineral baths ... there's also a hot waterfall and a lovley swimming pool ... I finished it off with an hours massage ... divine!! All for less that $10.00

I didn't take pictures ... kind of hard when you're covered in mud! .. so here's a link if you want to see what it's all about. http://www.thapbahotspring.com/

Another delight in Nha Trang was the diving .. I had been warned not to expect too much from another diver I talked to in Hoi An, but signed up for a two dive package ... the dive site was about an hours boat ride away and was amazing ... lot's of different corals, and an incredible diversity of life ... and good visibility to boot! I signed up to do the advanced open water course ... five dives one of which was a "deep dive" (see photo of the dive computer recording 29.5 metres). Another of the dives was an underwater photography course. I rented the underwater digital camera and was I was able to get some amazing shots .. what a world under there!

The picture of the guy trying to get airborne with the parasail is me ... I've lost some weight .. but not that much evidently ... I did get airborne eventually!!

This morning I got the bus down to Mui Ne ... a lovley strentch of beach known for it's kite surfing ... it looks thrilling .. but I think I will give it a miss and just watch ... got myself some good books to read!

After here I'm off to Saigon .. or Ho Chi Minh City if you are being politically correct ... I'm going to get some dental work done at a Dental Clinic there that is Canadian owned ... sounds good .. wish me luck! http://www.maplehealthcare.net/english/index.php

I tried to change my ticket so I could return to Canada directly from Saigon, but Cathay Pacific won't allow it. Flights to Bangkok from Saigon are really expensive for some reason ... so I think I will fly lo cost Tiger Airways to Singapore and then Krabi, in Southern Thailand for one last frolic in the Andaman Sea ... expecting to then head up to Bangkok and home about May 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home