Friday, January 26, 2007

Back in the Groove ....

Well all went well on my trip to Panaji to replace my scooter ... and I seem to have gotten a good one this time. (crossing my fingers!) I had a delightful trip back, taking the smaller coastal road up the coast. I stopped for lunch in South Anjuna to visit a friend of Kevins who has lived here for 20 years, and was part of Namgyal Rinpoches merry band in the 60's ... just delightful - like meeting an old friend.

Yesterday was a beach day - a short trip north of here to visit the Fort at Teracol, which has been made into a luxury hotel. Exquisite. I had a small beer there ... for $4.00 then took off across the river on the ferry to Kerim Beach for a $2.00 lunch!

They finally have high speed internet in Arambol, so hopefully there will be a lot more picutres.

Here are a few to get started.


This lovley design, on the earth floor outside my room appeared one morning in Gantipule - the artist was pleased to pose for a photo.

The sunsent shot of a Hindu Temple was taken in Ratanagiri


























A typical Goan Scene ... White Portugese Churches rising out of the jungle along broad rivers ending their journey to the sea from the Western Ghats





















Sandcastle at Arambol .... the things folks do when they have time on thier hands!


Breakfast this morning at Eye of Buddha Restaurant ..... one of the things I love about Arambol!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home